Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Tonight's Readings

Okay, so I am feeling much better after reading tonights readings. I even tagged the techLearning article. I'm ashamed that I passed over it even though I am a subscriber. Maybe I should take some time to check them out more often.
This coming school year I plan on giving some PD opportunities to my faculty. I plan to split up the PD into abilities. I loved the defined profiles: Early Tech Developing Tech Advance Tech Target Tech. I am considering using these terms once I assess where faculty is - and they are sure to be all across the board with over 200! I would love to see an actual ET-IDP because I find it very interesting. Can you imagine trying to get a bunch of DoD teachers on an iep! I'm sure the would contact their union rep... j/k.

This is the part that I want to have access to when I go back to this blog in the future:

Technology-based professional development activities should be anchored with the following fundamental principles:

  • Participants learn by doing.
  • Activities are relevant to the participants' educational roles.
  • Leaders model appropriate instructional strategies.
  • Schedules include time for reflection and collaboration.
  • Leaders and other participants provide ongoing support.

Meaningful technology staff development opportunities:

  • Must be a district priority and will take time, planning, and a group commitment for success.
  • Supplement and enrich curriculum.
  • Provide assessment of staff needs for district, building, and individual improvement.
  • Provide opportunities for teachers to improve on individual goals.
  • Will be presented in a variety of teaching styles, while recognizing and embracing diversity.
  • May need to be presented in a variety of formats, including district, building, grade level, curricular areas, small group, and individual.
  • Create an initial product/ strategy, enhanced through practice for classroom implementation, leading to reflection and revision of the product.

1 comment:

Leigh Graves Wolf said...

Phew - I was getting worried! I'm glad you found them useful/helpful!!